Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Back to the studio...

... today. It turned out okay. I'm satisfied with one painting and started another, to which I will paint over. The last few weeks need to ferment in layers of plastic.

There is unfinished business in this neck of the woods. I have returned for a reason and I can feel the bubble of anger sitting in my ribs. A reckoning? It sure is my desire to bring to light exactly how a single woman (who refused to give birth by choice) is considered by certain religious groups to be a less-than-citizen.

I've been around more blocks than anyone else can imagine and I'm still standing strong. In fact, the focus is much more intense, to the point of dauntlessness and even I can see why I'm scarey.

It was good to be in the studio.

Seymour Street, between Davie and Helmcken Streets.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment